DAY NINE... Sunday number 2 in Bogota!

Hello, its Kenneth again!

Besides the fact that I have been slightly sick, today has been another good day. This morning we attended church at Tabernaculo de la Fe (Tabernacle of Faith). Because the service was in Spanish, we were given small receivers, from which we could plug in earbuds or a headset, and listen to an English translation of the service. As the service began, the pastor greeted the congregation and also the guests that were present. We were greeted by the whole congregation, and then another person was also greeted, a church planter from Cameroon, in Africa! That came as a pleasant surprise to me as I have spent around eleven years in that country. I had the opportunity to meet him after the service, and we talked for a little bit about being in Cameroon and why I had been there before our team had to leave. It was a very neat "coincidence".

The message was another good reminder and prodding to pursue God with our whole hearts and to live in faith with the Holy Spirit filling our lives. We always need the Holy Spirit to live and work in our lives, and looking forward to these next two days, I definitely see a need for the Holy Spirit to work though my tiredness and sickness. There were a couple of things that really stood out to me. One of these things was through how the pastor talked about revival and how the church's revival started with the individual and repenting and submitting one's life completely to God's purpose. It was encouraging hearing this message because back in Canada I have been hearing very similar messages. Although only in two places around the world, it was interesting to think that the Holy Spirit can be moving in the same ways around the world. One other thing that God kind of reminded me about was what He had taught me earlier this week in regards to love. It is very nice that God continues to teach and help us in growing in our relationship with Him, especially when we keep forgetting and keep failing. God is good!

Comments

Popular Posts