Day 7 - yes...we are a day behind...

 Ally - Woooowzaaa, I could not be happier or more flattered as I write this. 

First of all, my prayers have been answered; the prayers of people back at home have been answered. The two things I was most terrified over have been the things that have absolutely blessed my spirits the most. Those things; the handicap orphanage and teaching English in schools. 

The kids at Acoinprev had such a desire to learn and were extremely interactive with the lessons, but that doesn’t even touch close to how exuberant these kids were, all ages, even Jr. and Sr. High kids. If I could describe in words how these kids treated us, it would be like dogs (and not in the typical way you use this phrase) but in the loving way. They were all over you all at once, they made you feel loved with their words and attention and wow it was so easy to give that same attention back to them. 


One thing I will talk about lots in Three Hills is all the attention and compliments I got from the guys, honestly, nothing I deserved but I am so flattered. I made two other friends who followed me along as other people tried talking to me. It was absolute chaos and while I’dusually be uncomfortable in chaos like this, it was really my favourite experience of Colombia so far. 


I will continue to be homesick for Acoinprev; these kids have made thanking and worshiping God so instinctive and so good. 


 Maegan - Hiii humans… today was hands down my favorite day! I didn’t particularly enjoy being at Acoinprev, being the center of everyone’s attention made me incredibly uncomfortable and sadly the lessons did not end up going as well as i would have hoped cause we were really pressed for time… I guess there’s always tomorrow. They also put shredded cheese on our fruit salad, so that was interesting (but I’ll allow myself to be picky about that one). 

After Acoinprev we headed to a seniors home just to pop by and sing a couple songs, and I was not expecting this to be the most impactful 30 minutes of this entire trip. I don’t think I even know why I felt so blessed and loved in caring for these elderly folks, but their gratefulness nearly brought tears to my eyes. The love of God was so evident in that shortlittle time! Two people in particular were the most impactful. Blue hat dude and orange hat lady. This one gentlemen was THE sweetest, I just went to stop by and as I was leaving he pulled me closer to him and would not let go. We probably hugged for a solid 3 minutes. After walking him to his new seat to go and sing, he didn’t want me to leave, and he just smiled at me the entire time we were singing to them. 

After leaving that group, we headed into a new room where the older old people were. And what a blessing that was… I met orange hat lady and she was a riot!

She just kept blabbering to me in Spanish and I kept blabbering to her in English but somehow, we just laughed away! Seeing just these two examples of joy brought so much fulfillment to my heart. Knowing that the amount of family visits is limited/next to none in that place and that I got to show them the love of Christ through a simple hug was an overwhelming thought. 

It made me question a lot of my priorities and think about how I can not only bless 2 elderly individuals from Colombia that I will never see again, but also the people I pass by in my school hallways daily. 



Anyways, Maegan is currently succumbing to her exhaustion so she’s going to hit the hay, and please pray for blue hat dude and orange hat lady tonight. Buenos noches!

Comments

Popular Posts