Day 8 - a golden Day

 Braxton - Again another amazing and beautiful day that God has given us and I'm so blesses that I got to spend this day at Golden Rule with so many amazing people that I got blessed to meet. Golden Rule is a school that the Colombian team has been coming to to for many years. But this team had a different experience like every other team has had, for we got to play with so many kids and teach them English  and even though they may never remember any of it, may the smiles that we put on their faces and the smiles that they put on our faces be remembered for the rest of our lives. 


This school has made us feel like their own by blessing us with gifts and friendships, I am so happy that this team had a chance to go to Golden Rule and meet so many amazing people. May your heart and my heart be blessed with these words and God bless the rest of your week. 



Sheila - tonight our very special friend/brother, Carlos Suarez, shared his story of amazing grace.  I love that teams every year have listened to  the way that God completely transforms lives.  Carlos and Clarita are such incredible people.  They have opened up their hearts and arms to every one of our Colombia team members.  I can safely say that everyone that has come to Bogota since our first trip in 2008 hold this family close to their hearts. 

I am asked every day - what's your favorite thing about Colombia?"  Without hesitation I say - the people.  People like the Suarez family, Berta and Luz Angela-our incredible cooks, Carlos the bus driver, Beth and Rafa Afanador,  Steve and Evie Bartel, Andrea and her family in Goldon Rule, our trip coordinators and the many many friends we have grown to love.  These people are what I yearn to come back for year after year.  These people are what makes it hard to leave.  



Comments

Popular Posts