SATURDAY and SUNDAY - FEBRUARY 24 & 25

 Our final two days in Bogota were full ones (again).  Saturday we went work with the kids from Hogar de Paz - Prado and Lijaca.  There were 31 kids and 8 workers that enjoyed our games, facepainting and crafts.  

Today (Sunday) was spent at Barrio Egipto (Egypt) - the oldest (and most dangerous) neighborhood in Bogota.  We basically led the service with our Wiseman and Foolish man skit, singing our 2 Spanish hymns, a magic trick, and mini messages from Ezra and Cam.  It was amazing how God gave us strength and courage for this.  

We have now said our goodbyes to our beloved Colombian friends and its time to pack up and head for home. But here are the final thoughts from our last few hours in this amazing country.  



The last two days have been a blur of excitement. getting to reunite with the Hogar De Paz kids was a great blessing. Speaking in church today was terrifying and exiting all at the same time, but thanks to the lord it went smoothly. <Ezra


Playing with the Hogar de Paz kids one last time was very heartwarming, but it was sad to see them go. It was also great to experience the church in Barrio Egipto; it felt very real, and it convicted me of how I should be more interactive and attentive in church. The last two days were a great conclusion to the trip, and it will help to engrave memories in my mind going forward. <Ian


If I am being honest, I don't want to leave, but I have to. Making friends in this country was a true privilege. I will miss Colombia with all my heart. Attending a church service at Barrio Egipto was truly eye opening, it will forever change the way I see church. <
Jonah


Giving the Hogar de Paz kids joy and smiles again was really grateful and thankful that we got to be a part of this. Going to Barrio Egipto and seeing the people around there and praying for the community was such a blessing. I hope that I can preserve this passion and love that I have seen and felt here. <Grace


I have loved the last two days spending time with these sweet kids. I have fallen in love with the people of Colombia, their hospitality, servant hearts and the warmth they exhibit. My time here has been so much fun, but so so special and full of convictions for how I am to live moving forward. < Claire


Seeing the kids from Hogar De Paz again brought me so much joy! To be able to see all of their smiling faces, and reconnect with the kids we saw on the first day was amazing! Being in Colombia was one of the best experiences Ive had in my life. Thats what makes it so hard to leave. Colombia will always hold a special place in my heart. < Hope


Entering the ECA campus again to see the Hogar de Paz kids brought so much joy to my pretty exhausted heart. I immediately recognized the kids I spent time with from before, and the kids seemed thrilled to be around us again. Hanging out and eating good food with these kids really ended the week perfect. Colombia was truly life changing, not only for me, but hopefully also for these kids. I can't wait to tell you all about it.  <Eric

Comments

Popular Posts