SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 18 - Church, Food, Shopping, oh my

 This is Sheila.  I decided to be the one writing today because the team is all out visiting with families from ECA tonight.

But Sunday...I got to sleep in until 6:30...yay!!  We went to a church called Tabernaculo de la Fe where we were warmly welcomed by so many people.  The message was translated to us so it was good to get the gist of it.  The worship was so lively that it didn't matter that we didn't understand the words.  I was blessed by the whole 2 hours.

Crepes and Waffles is my favorite restaurant in Colombia so going there for Sunday lunch was at the top of my list.  After that we headed for the tourist market to buy bracelets, hammocks, ponchos and chocolate

covered coffee beans.  We were so thankful for the bargaining skills of our Colombia friends.

Coming here year after year, I am often asked what is the best part of Colombia.  It is the people.  By the third day of the trip, this team also agrees with me.  We have been surrounded daily by the most loving and compassionate humans that care for every need - big and small.  I can't begin to express my appreciation.

We are so blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts