TUESDAY and THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 20 & 22 - Golden Rule School

 Our relationship with Golden Rule is built on many years of love.  This school holds some of the dearest staff that year after year welcome us with warm hugs and great experiences for our team.  This has always been a "best day" in our busy week.  This visit was no different!   

Here's proof...


Today was amazing. So far my favourite day of the trip! We started the day bright and early by going to school! Instead of being taught, we were the teachers this time! Each group taught five 50 minute classes, putting a bit of strain on our voices by the end! Nevertheless, it was so cool teaching all the way from preschool up to grade nine! We go back to the school on Thursday to teach the other grades we missed today. I am so excited to continue to meet more Colombian kids my age. It has been fascinating to hear their stories, especially when it is translated from their own language. Speaking of language, it has been both challenging and fun working through a language barrier. On one hand it is super difficult trying to explain certain ideas through awkward hand movement and bits of broken Spanish, but on the other hand, it is so cool to both be learning more Spanish myself, but also to see the children begin to learn more English. The day concluded with us going to a Colombian grocery store to pick up some cool Colombian food (and coffee!) I may have spent more than I should have, but when in Colombia, right?! I am so excited to share all of these snacks with my family, and I am so blessed to have experienced such an awesome day! The Lord is working here in Colombia, and I know we are all so thankful for your support. <Eric


We spent the day at Golden Rule School and I met lots of awesome kids and was plastered in stickers the moment I stepped into the classroom. I'm loving getting to practice my Spanish with all my little friends. <Ezra


Today we went to golden rule school. It was so much fun! We made lots of new friends, and got to talk to some really fun people. It took us a few tries to get the teaching down, but after a few classrooms we got it figured out! It was so fun to be able to talk to everyone during the breaks, and get to meet so many new people! <Hope





Comments

Popular Posts