Day 9 - Almost at the finish line!

Bueno, its Gabby

Well this is the very first year that no one has gotten sick to the point of throwing up! Although no one has thrown up, I have such a sore throat that I can't say a word and Emily and John are pretty much in the same spot. Something that was very encouraging for me was when we went out to into the mountains with some kids for a day away from the city.  I was paired with a 13 year old boy named Bryan. Even though he was 13, he still wanted to hold my hand the whole time and he would tell me things in Spanish even though I had no idea what he was saying. I was able to ask him some questions in Spanish but by noon my voice was gone so I couldn't talk to him anymore which was disappointing. Bryan was such a sweet guy. On our way home I was exhausted so I was leaning forward with my elbows on my knees and he started massaging my shoulders. I have to beg my parents to give me a massage but this little 13 years old boy just did it without a second thought. 
All the Colombians I have met have the same kindness in their hearts as Bryan and it has been a pleasure to experience their warm and welcoming culture.



Hello peoples, this is John

So today is our final day, looking back I would have to say that this trip is one of a kind. There are highs and lows, as with every trip.  I think that it is safe to say that a low for me is coming down with a heat stroke (because sun screen is silly) and then the next day coming down with a cold and a bad sore throat.  So unfortunately I will most likely be ending this trip on a low note, but anything can happen tomorrow.  It would be very hard to pinpoint my favorite thing, but if I had to say, it would have to be our very first day.  On our first day we were at the Jungle, the Jungle as some of you may remember is a place for street kids to come play have learn about Jesus.  After going on a tour of the red light district and just seeing what this kids have to endure day in and day out, it warms my heart to know that there are people who truly care and are doing all they can to try and help them.  For two hours you could see these kids run around and just have fun, and just from watching them you would not be able to guess what they go through.  This is something that we just take for granted back home. There were so many highlights, too many list and I wouldn't be able to do them justice either.

Comments

Popular Posts